NYSE Euronext

www.nyx.com

Development manager at NYSE Euronext

Managing Director (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsName brand, history, and global-presence.
The historical NYSE building and trading floor.
On-site amenities: medical center, cafeteria, bar and restaurant.

ConsThe NYSE is a mix of traditional business and newly acquired businesses or partnership, some of which overlap in function. This makes it difficult to understand strategy, and there is no communicated forward planning vision. The overall strategy on the technology side was a push towards a service business by offering co-location and hosting. While the physical implementation was successful in the building of the data centers, it is unclear how software fits into the business.

Extensive internet monitoring means network access is slow or often broken when doing internet research. Difficult to get better than "corporate" standard computers, meaning that developers have to struggle with out dated or inadequate equipment (minimum RAM, small monitors). Many obstacles to innovation.

Bureaucracy appears to extend towards corporate systems. The purchasing system is outdated and takes excessively long to procure (months to 1/2 year). HR/intranet system are outdated and require outdated IE/WinXP.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunications (town halls, etc) between upper management and worker ranks are not concretely substantive. There is a lot of feel good spin. Middle level management do not know how to convey direction or vision to their ranks.

Really nice

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at NYSE Euronext as an intern

Pros: Relaxed place to work. Real work, doing stuff that matters.… Cons: No cafeteria discounts if you are a temp or consultant. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Kings and Queens of Fluff

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at NYSE Euronext full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good Brand, 401K, A lot of wisdom that is disappearing… Cons: VPs are completely incompetent, survival of unfittest, go through the… Advice to Senior Management: Invest more in the success of your employees and work harder to motivate them each and every day. Your job as a manager is not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on NYSE Euronext.

Worked for NYSE Euronext? Contribute to the Community!