NYU Langone Medical Center
www.med.nyu.edu New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great people, flat IT organization, but weak organization structure and leadership

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

ProsSmart people, great knowledge. Unique environment, highly visible and challenging.

ConsLack of investment in their people - many contractors working hard, while employees not being challenged to do a better job. Resources are thin and some key people are under a lot of pressure.

Advice to Senior ManagementIT structure lacks maturity and leadership - employees are disjointed and need a cohesive direction and strong leader to give them focus. Leaders need to create a large team that works together - many strong ideas prevent achieving the greater goal.

A Good Epic Credentialing Opportunity

Epic Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at NYU Langone Medical Center as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: The healthcare professional trainees at NYU Langone were polite and… Cons: Problems with a lack of communication, a lack of oversight,… Advice to Senior Management: More oversight of Epic teams is needed to curb unprofessional behaviors that interfere with learning… More

Poor management, little chance of advancement for academics and downright dangerous environment

Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee)

I worked at NYU Langone Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good PhD and postdoctoral associations Cons: Poor management: No communication, bloated and highly dysfunctional administration that is invisible in actual day-to-day management. Utter waste of ressources on prestige projects at the… Advice to Senior Management: I would suggest replacing the entire management. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on NYU Langone Medical Center.

Worked for NYU Langone Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NYU Langone Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NYU Langone Medical Center CEO Robert I. Grossman. All reviews posted anonymously by NYU Langone Medical Center employees.