NYU Langone Medical Center
www.med.nyu.edu New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great place to acquire new skills, but poor working environment

Development Coordinator (Current Employee)
New York, NY

ProsThe work supports a great hospital that saves lives every day and participates in cutting edge scientific research.
Employees have access to top notch tools and resources; it's a great place to build skills

ConsA severely hierarchical, change-resistant non-collaborative environment. The staff can be territorial. Bullies are common. There is a great deal of waste. Morale is low.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstill team-work and collegiality. Master 21st century leadership skills. Build a company culture that motivates and retains talented people.

The research itself can be interesting and colleagues are great but the work environment is bureaucratic and political.

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at NYU Langone Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great educational opportunities to participate in free lectures and seminars. Cons: No room for advancement or meaningful professional development, stifling environment that doesn't reward initiative… Advice to Senior Management: Run the institution like a business and reward and support… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

learn alot

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at NYU Langone Medical Center as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: work on difference telecom and it systems Cons: how management operate with their staff Advice to Senior Management: share and believe in your stafff Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on NYU Langone Medical Center.

Worked for NYU Langone Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NYU Langone Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NYU Langone Medical Center CEO Robert I. Grossman. All reviews posted anonymously by NYU Langone Medical Center employees.