Working part-time as a preceptor (teaching assistant) is enjoyable and rewarding.

Current Employee - Preceptor  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Preceptor in New York, NY

I have been working at NYU (New York University) part-time for less than a year

Pros

The courses are great, so there is opportunity to learn as you teach. If you have a helpful lecturer (as I have), the entire experience can be really fun too. Many of the students are bright and well-prepared.

Cons

Although my work hours are supposedly limited to 20 hours per week (part time), I have found that much more time is required to complete the work required. This is mainly because I'm preceptor for a reading-intensive course, so more technical courses may be easier.

Other Reviews for NYU (New York University)

Horrible Work Environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at NYU (New York University) full-time for less than a year

Pros

The great thing about working at NYU is that it's a recognizable name that any one else in higher education has heard of and of course the location.

Cons

The School of Continuing and Professional Studies is a horribly managed division of the university with poor management from the top to bottom. Incredibly high turn over over the past few years has resulted in management from top to bottom that is relatively inexperienced and has no internal support.

Learn the ins and outs of bone physiology and biomaterials at NYU CoD

Current Employee - Research Assistant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at NYU (New York University) as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Learning a lot about bone physiology and biomaterials. Great, big and nearly new facility with tons of important machines (microCT, Aperio, Grinder/Polisher, etc..) Friendly and accommodating staff.

Cons

Demanding at times. A lot of useless monkey work for preparation of slides (grinding, polishing slides, naming vials and taping them, etc..) . No funding :(

Find ways to cut back on useless procedures with a new implementation for a more efficient work out. Perhaps, printing out labels to apply for vials instead.

There are newer employer reviews for NYU (New York University).

Worked for NYU (New York University)? Contribute to the Community!