NYU (New York University)
www.nyu.edu New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great place to work, salary makes it hard to support a family in NYC

Administrator (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsNYU provides a supportive atmosphere, job security, and an environment that is full of life (it is enegizing to be around students). There tends to be a lot of down time, so it is easy to catch your breath (and check Facebook).

ConsThis is education, so the salaries are not very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more direction to the staff. Not everyone is a self-starter. This doesn't mean people won't work, they just don't know what to do.

Great

Research Associate (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at NYU (New York University) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: What can I say? It is a good place to work at. Right in the heart of NYC. Step… Cons: Sometimes it can get bureaucratic. But once you figured things… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good part-time job to build resume

Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee)

I worked at NYU (New York University) part-time for more than a year

Pros: - Good pay for the hour - Adjuncts are unionized, so you'll get some benefits and protection - Professional development fund for adjuncts ($1,000 a year) - Subsidized… Cons: - No real room to move up, full-time positions only open up sporadically - No guarantee you'll be promoted to full-time and many teachers have been… Advice to Senior Management: As adjuncts are paid almost as much as full-time instructors,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on NYU (New York University).

Worked for NYU (New York University)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NYU (New York University) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NYU (New York University) CEO John E. Sexton. All reviews posted anonymously by NYU (New York University) employees.