NYU (New York University)

www.nyu.edu
  www.nyu.edu
There are newer employer reviews for NYU (New York University)

NYU is a fun place to work!

Current Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY

I have been working at NYU (New York University)

Pros

Working in a college environment; wonderful colleagues; benefits (tuition and fringe); and awesome neighborhood.

Cons

Huge Central Administration; politics between schools and centers - some are favored by Central and given more money. The experience at NYU depends upon which department or school you work.

I am ambivalent about Pres Sexton. I like some of improvements he has made (fundraising) and I dislike some of the choices he made in laying people off. In terms of advice, there are so many people in Central Admin so it doesn't matter what I say, they do what they want.

437 Other Employee Reviews for NYU (New York University) (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Former Employee - Research Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at NYU (New York University)

Pros

Work directly with a professional staff on various projects. Able to work with staff on professional presentations for natioal conferences and journal articles. Able to attend professional development courses. Excellent benfits package.

Cons

Difficult to advance, often a good option before entering graduate school. Position does not pay very well (low to mid 30's). Most research assistants stay with the organization for a few years before going to graduate school. Depending on the position you can work a lot of overtime and weekends.

Provide more employees with the oppertunity to advance in the field. Provide more feedback on job performance and reward a job well done.

NYU: a discounted education if you can put up with the Loons

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at NYU (New York University)

Pros

Tuition remission!! This is a great chance to get a master's when you don't know what to do after college. You can also take whatever class you want pretty much - they love educating the workforce!

Cons

Like a lot of other places... it is a bureaucracy. There is a lot of paper-pushing that goes on here.

Stop caring about your PhD so much and acknowledge me on the elevator. Overall most of the new hires are competent and able to do their jobs... however the older people here need to be phased out with a pretty retirement package because they don't know what's going on.

There are newer employer reviews for NYU (New York University)