Nabors Industries

www.nabors.com
  www.nabors.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nabors Industries

Comments on IT do not reflect the reality

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Nabors Industries full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Access to management. One of my colleague mentioned about this site and the comments. I am shocked to see the comments. I have been here in the Nabors IT for 10 years and seen many changes. Most of them are very positive and more than anything, I was given an opportunity to grow within IT. Went from helpdesk person to a Sr. Analyst role. At first I wasn't happy for not having the opportunity that I wanted (to become a programmer), but with CIO's help and his open door, he was able to help me make the right decision for my future. I was not only able to grow within company, but I am also happy with what I do. I wouldn't have been happy being a programmer, since I like to interact with users a lot.

Cons

Benefits are improving, but still needs improvement. Salary helps compensate some of the benefits.

Continue to share the vision and expedite the One Nabors goal.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Nabors Industries (View Most Recent)

Stay away from this place...

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Nabors Industries full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Are there any, hard to find any ?.

Cons

Hopeless Benefits.
    Turnaround is too high.
    Micro management.
    No work from home option.
    Select few get all the credit, promotions, merit increases and bonuses.
    Lots of developers on H1 visa.

Horrible IT Upper Management

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Nabors Industries full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers and sporadic opportunities to work on different technologies.

Cons

Multiple IT Directors and all are hand-picked by the CIO. Directors are incompetent, micro-managers and hinder productivity, efficiency and don't offer any career advancement. Only opportunities for advancement are if you are midnight buddies with the current CIO then you can leave the company repeatedly and just call the CIO and ask to come over to his house at night to "work out" your return to Nabors. CIO will bend over backwards for his midnight buddies just as they will do "ANYTHING" for him. IT Department is more like a day care with a lot of temper tantrums and then the kids feel better and come back and kiss the teacher to ask for forgiveness. UNBELIEVABLE AMOUNT OF TURNOVER DUE TO NEGLIGENCE AND UNAPPRECIATIVE UPPER MANAGEMENT (DIRECTORS, CIO, MANAGERS AND SR MANAGERS).

Replace CIO, do real-life competency testing to directors in IT to determine which to replace as well. Appreciate your employees and give them the opportunities for advancement and raises rather than paying your CEO $68 million in 2013 (last year).

There are newer employer reviews for Nabors Industries