Nabors Industries

www.nabors.com
  www.nabors.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nabors Industries

Nabors has a good salary, but HORRIBLE benefits.

Current Employee - Software Specialist in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Software Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Nabors Industries

Pros

The salary is good and the people I work with are very nice. The atmosphere is also positive and it's close commute to work.

Cons

My complaint is the Nabors IT who is a dictator of controlling your computer, not allowing you to install anything even printer drivers. But the worse complaint of all is the benefits. It's nowhere close to being as good as the benefits offered by all the other oil companies. Also, their benefits department is extremely stuck up. Since they're the main contacts for benefits, they assume everyone will bow down to them and beg them for services. It's actually pretty sickening in my opinion. The amount of vacation days you can accumulate here is pretty pathetic too. All the other companies I've seen lets you accumulate up to 6-8 weeks vacation. At Nabors the most you can accumulate is 4 weeks. You can work here for 30 years and the most vacation days you will ever get is 4 weeks. Anadarko Petroleum STARTS you off with 4 weeks vacation. This is how pathetic Nabors is compared to alot of oil companies.

If you want a prosperous business, you should first focus on your employess. Without them, you wouldn't have someone to run the business. So if you want better feedback, please start looking in better improving your benefits as well as reorganizing your benefits department.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Nabors Industries (View Most Recent)

I worked for Nabors for over 7 yrs in three different business units.

Former Employee - Senior Accounts Payable Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Accounts Payable Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at Nabors Industries

Pros

It is a stable and established company. I really enjoyed the people that I worked with. I got a lot of experience and learned lots of new things. Also, I got nice year end bonuses.

Cons

I thought that the cost of the benifits we too exspensive for the size of the company. The medical insurance was not worth the bother. The do not promote from within within the same department. May too much office politics!! Tution reimbursement is also nice.

You really should survey the employees on benifits and get better insurance. You should promote from within instead of hiring outsiders. Employees work hard for you. They should not have to work for Nabors and have to move on to another company for advancement. You lose good employees that way.

We had reviews every year that were done by your superiors. Your input was usually very well received.

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Houston, TX

I worked at Nabors Industries

Pros

I really enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. I felt like I really had a voice. My supervisor cared about my concerns and was willing to make things better.

Cons

Too many politics
    Not willing to work with you regarding your schedule.
    The benefits!!!

Listen to your employees!
    Update benefits packages not worth wasting your money on
    No preventive care is available
    Not a place where