There are newer employer reviews for Nabors Well Services

I have been with company for 13 years im still low on pole

I have been working at Nabors Well Services

Pros

beniffits,vacation time ,vision , dental

Cons

lack of communication from management
changing polices to fit company needs

communtication with emplyoes , make the rules keep the rules to fit every one not just yours

11 Other Employee Reviews for Nabors Well Services (View Most Recent)

Good for training but not for a career.

Former Employee - Driver Vacuum in Iraan, TX
    Former Employee - Driver Vacuum in Iraan, TX

I worked at Nabors Well Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can be a rookie and be hired at Nabors.The training is good and it's a good way to get your foot in the door in the oil field.The trucks and the equipment are just okay in Iraan Tx yard but some other yards the trucks and are a lot better.The benefit are good,but ins is a bit high if you have a family.Some locations do have trailers to live in for free for 3 months and you don't stay for the 3 months they can charge you rent (Read all paper work before signing) After 3 months you have to find your on place to live which it's not easy in small boom towns and if you do find a place to rent it is way to high because of the greed of people. Ask employees to see if they like working at that yard and find out if there's a turn around of employees and if there is it's because the management isn't any good.A real good part of the company is that if you need time off they will work with you. If you have a problem with a boss don't go to the local office about it,because it will just stay there,but call the headquarters because something will be done about it.And I should know I got a manager fired for harassment.Right before he came a yard manager.He had other complaints for harassment but it was at the local office and nothing was done about it.

Cons

They will promise a raise to try to keep you,but won't get one. You will have a room mate at the free trailer and the bad thing is the person might be very odd. Hard to find housing in small towns.You will have to block your wheels put out safety combs wear hard hat in a empty field with nothing around and wear flash proof clothes with long sleeves all the time while on the clock,real fun when the temp is over 100.On each job you have to fill out a JSA,which is stupid!!! because they want you draw pictures and write down every thing you did from starting the truck and everything in between till that job is finish.

Stop lying about giving people raises. Stop hiring people that has no idea about the oilfield as managers.Get a lot better equipment and stop getting hand me downs.Build employee housing in small towns,then you might not have such a big turn around.

keep hoping it will get better,but serious doubts

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Midland, TX
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Midland, TX

I have been working at Nabors Well Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

to much confusion for the manegment,so they leave us drivers alone if you are liked if you have a target on your back they will make you want to leave,hi turnover rate.

Cons

wage cap.been there six years,and hav"nt had a raise in two years.....4 days on 1 day off is to much blue cross ins is ok.401k 1for1 up to 3 percent.

get I.t. out of the picture,change the training program,we have new hires pulling weeds,really nabors. if your customer doesn't pay you don't come back and take it from our checks.thats just wrong...

There are newer employer reviews for Nabors Well Services