Nakisa

www.nakisa.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Nakisa

Great Place to Grow with a Great Team

Current Employee - Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
Current Employee - Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Nakisa

Pros

- Challenging environment
- Opportunity for creative thinking and innovation
- Good team spirit

Cons

- Sometimes tough deadlines
- Time of flux as company goes through some growing pains
- Not a good fit if you are only driven by money

Continue with the spirit of innvoation and team encouragement.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Nakisa (View Most Recent)

Not all is perfect

I worked at Nakisa

Pros

Informal environment
    Great group of people. Employees are from different backgrounds. People are fun.
    Company is doing great right now, so they are hiring a lot of help.
    Company tries to create a fun environment
    Company seems more organized than it ever was and is trying to simplify the jobs in a few departments
    Creative solutions
    Good place to start your career

Cons

Overworked people
    Crazy deadlines
    No thank yous for working late
    Unpaid overtime
    Ridiculous benefits (5% of your pay, 70% reimbursed). Keeps on getting lower with the time you spend in the company.
    3 weeks vacations that include 2 weeks vacation (mandatory in Quebec) and 1 week of sick leave (mandatory in Quebec). There are no sick or personal days.
    The more years you spend in the company, the less likely you are to get promoted.
    Company does not know how to handle change.
    Company does not use Performance review for anything.
    Company always goes through a hiring spell, then fires most of the new people who were hired.
    We are entering a new recession, so the highest earners will most likely go first
    Company does not retain their knowledge, most veterans have either quit or have been let go.
    Salaries in departments other than RnD are much lower than the market

Try to retain your talent
    Less micro-management

So far, so good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Nakisa

Pros

It’s been less than a year since I joined Nakisa. I want to write a comment because when I was offered the job I looked at the past glassdoor comments before giving my final answer. I was surprised with what I read as it was not the feeling I had during my recruitment process with all the people I met.
    In the end, I went with my gut feeling and decided to join Nakisa. It was the right decision as the position and the culture of the company was what I expected.

Cons

It is a growing company right now so it is obvious that there are areas of improvement and processes to be put in place. It is the choice of each employee. Do you want to work in a big structure where everything is defined and your responsibilities are limited? Or do you prefer to work in a smaller and growing company where you can bring ideas on the table, be innovative, improve your work each day and put processes in place?
    So far, I have enjoyed my experience at Nakisa. I am working with a lot of smart people and within a multicultural environment. The client base is impressive, I believe in the products and in the HR industry market.

There are newer employer reviews for Nakisa