There are newer employer reviews for Nakisa

to be or not to be at Nakisa. See below and make your own opinion

Former Employee - Professional Services Team  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
Former Employee - Professional Services Team in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Nakisa full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Breakfast is included. And the selection isn't bad.

- The office is downtown

- The office space is nice

- The people that I worked with are dedicated (the employees)

- The pay was good

Cons

- Insurance plan is way too high for what you get

- The PS team, is overworked, not appreciated, told that you have to work nights and weekends and you have to push your team to reach unrealistic objectives.

- They had a compensation plan that was not at all taught through (frankly I think it’s even been abolished)

- Some of the people that are “connected” are just dead weight and choke you when you try to push a little too hard.

- Not sure that the CEO is the right person to lead the company to where it needs to be

- They don’t even use what they sell to clients internally on themselves to promote key people in the organization that could make a real impact.

- No work life balance

- There has been a huge turn over for the past year.

- Things are not getting better.

- The company is hurting cash wise.

- Empty promises

My advice to people trying to apply there; if you already have a job, don't quit to go there, you will regret it as I did. If however you don't have a job and need one until something better comes along; go for it, you will pass probation and get a nice salary while something better comes in. Don't waste your time long term at Nakisa, your career will stagnate.

I'm not sure if you are at the point of no return yet; but chances are you're close. You can't expect people to feel comfortable sharing some frustrations with HR if the head of that department is the sister of the CEO (clear conflict of interest)

Start cleaning your house, look at what has happened to your PS team, they are all leaving and the remaining ones are not going to put up it with any longer (trust me we all talk amongst ourselves.

Your biggest problem is in the development team (product) you have people there that aren't team players and think that they are "God"; they aren't and someone needs to tell them that.

Also, you lost a key player that was coaching your director of PS... that was a huge loss and frankly the director's short coming are starting to show... Hire a new coach for him or replace him all together; he is too ZEN to drive a team. There is someone in that team that could run it the way it should... promote that person before that person leaves too...

44 Other Employee Reviews for Nakisa (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Nakisa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

lots career opportunities
    great learning opportunities
    friendly culture everyday breakfast

Cons

company gorwing fast and at time deadlines are tight

dont have one

Worked as a Software Developer

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Nakisa full-time for more than a year

Pros

The R&D department had some pretty solid, albeit overworked leaders. Despite the constant stress they kept level heads. There were some nice people working there overall. They have the occasional really fun events, like Halloween.

Cons

You're surrounded by a lot of overworked developers. While I was there, I spent all too much time working on bugs and working on customer installations rather than on actual development. There was little growth as a developer, the architecture was complex beast. There were turbulent periods where people got fired or started leaving in droves due to dissatisfaction.

CEO, I was never entirely sure what to make of. On one hand, his speeches were engaging, he seemed approachable and open-minded, but seemed his perfectionism was at the detriment of those working under him. Also heard some disheartening 'quotes' (transmitted through the grapevine) such as "I don't care if it's your wedding day or any day, if you have work to do you'll do it."

HR felt like it wasn't there to protect the interests of the employees. The CEO's sister's in charge so you never feel entirely comfortable.

There are newer employer reviews for Nakisa

Worked for Nakisa? Contribute to the Community!