Nakisa

www.nakisa.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Nakisa

All in all, very satisfied with my experience at Nakisa.

Former Employee - Software Developer in Montreal, QC (Canada)
Former Employee - Software Developer in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Nakisa full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The location is very convenient (downtown Montreal).
There was a fun, friendly and supportive atmosphere in the office.
My direct managers were knowledgeable, supportive and helpful. The other managers that I worked with, were good in general but few of them weren't either as resourceful as I wished them to be or as supportive.
Down to earth and easy to reach CEO; same goes for most of other top level managers.
Good pay and compensation.
Free breakfast, coffee and snack.

Cons

There was not much hard core Java involved in daily work. As a developer I was looking for more Java work than XML, XSL or JS tasks.
There was lighting issue in most areas of the office. Also heating and cooling system was not very good (temperature was very different in different floors of the building).
No private parking, so if you want to take your car to work, you either have to find a spot in the street , which isn't very easy all the time as the area and surrounding streets are super busy, or pay 20 to 30 bucks to park in one of the buildings around the office like Place Ville-Marie.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Nakisa (View Most Recent)

to be or not to be at Nakisa. See below and make your own opinion

Former Employee - Professional Services Team in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Professional Services Team in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Nakisa full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Breakfast is included. And the selection isn't bad.

- The office is downtown

- The office space is nice

- The people that I worked with are dedicated (the employees)

- The pay was good

Cons

- Insurance plan is way too high for what you get

- The PS team, is overworked, not appreciated, told that you have to work nights and weekends and you have to push your team to reach unrealistic objectives.

- They had a compensation plan that was not at all taught through (frankly I think it’s even been abolished)

- Some of the people that are “connected” are just dead weight and choke you when you try to push a little too hard.

- Not sure that the CEO is the right person to lead the company to where it needs to be

- They don’t even use what they sell to clients internally on themselves to promote key people in the organization that could make a real impact.

- No work life balance

- There has been a huge turn over for the past year.

- Things are not getting better.

- The company is hurting cash wise.

- Empty promises

My advice to people trying to apply there; if you already have a job, don't quit to go there, you will regret it as I did. If however you don't have a job and need one until something better comes along; go for it, you will pass probation and get a nice salary while something better comes in. Don't waste your time long term at Nakisa, your career will stagnate.

I'm not sure if you are at the point of no return yet; but chances are you're close. You can't expect people to feel comfortable sharing some frustrations with HR if the head of that department is the sister of the CEO (clear conflict of interest)

Start cleaning your house, look at what has happened to your PS team, they are all leaving and the remaining ones are not going to put up it with any longer (trust me we all talk amongst ourselves.

Your biggest problem is in the development team (product) you have people there that aren't team players and think that they are "God"; they aren't and someone needs to tell them that.

Also, you lost a key player that was coaching your director of PS... that was a huge loss and frankly the director's short coming are starting to show... Hire a new coach for him or replace him all together; he is too ZEN to drive a team. There is someone in that team that could run it the way it should... promote that person before that person leaves too...

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

lots career opportunities
    great learning opportunities
    friendly culture everyday breakfast

Cons

company gorwing fast and at time deadlines are tight

dont have one