There are newer employer reviews for Nalco Energy Services

Great Company

Former Employee - Field Engineer  in  Denver City, TX
Former Employee - Field Engineer in Denver City, TX

I worked at Nalco Energy Services

Pros

Incredible team oriented work environment. Great company to work for, benefits, compensation are hard beat. Nalco is a little more respectable in my opinion than some of the other oilfield chemical companies.

Cons

Not many, the main and really only one is that their business is primarily located in rural areas, so if you're into the big city, there are limited opportunities in the oil field chemicals sector, unless you don't mind a long drive twice a day.

Keep up the good work

22 Other Employee Reviews for Nalco Energy Services (View Most Recent)

A great company to work for, but be prepared to work hard and be subjected to last minute projects

Former Employee - Applications Engineer  in  Martinez, CA
    Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Martinez, CA

I worked at Nalco Energy Services

Pros

Pay was great, benefits are excellent. However District Managers provided poor judgement from those of us working out in the field. Safety incidents or near misses in loosing an account would wake them up, and because of this they were only proactive when things went wrong, rather than when we would give him/her a warning of issues.

Cons

Long hours, they make sure that they get ever single cent of what they pay your salary for. Weekend hours are not unusual, last minute projects (short notices from customers to complete by you) are also common. Depending on which account you have, budgets for acquiring equipment and services are hard to get approval for. You also hit the ground running with every project, with little or no assistance from colleagues. Service Technicians and Application Engineers are treated with little respect. No training exists unless you're in sales....District Reps and above.

Listen to your employees, and this includes warnings about safety issues. Provide all of us training, and not just the District Reps.

Energy Services

Current Employee - Key Account Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Nalco Energy Services

Pros

People in organization, teamwork are well trained professionals. Company recognizes the training and development needed to differentiate itself from the competition.

Cons

Ownership changes and resulting debt, reduction in real R&D efforts

Provide some consistency to the commision program for the sales reps, no one really knows what they should be getting with the current profitability based model.

There are newer employer reviews for Nalco Energy Services

Worked for Nalco Energy Services? Contribute to the Community!