Nash-Finch

www.nashfinch.com
  www.nashfinch.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nash-Finch

A poor man's Supervalu. And you know Supervalu is in turmoil!

Former Employee - Finance in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Finance in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Nash-Finch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I don't think I can name one.

Cons

Very uncreative company ran by people that are scared to change. Management turnover is a problem. Everything is in the cloud. Their cloud goes down often and then work stops for half a day. It was funny when even the CFO could not even print his power point slides because of it. All in the name of saving money at the cost of being less productive.

Let yourself be bought out.

39 Other Employee Reviews for Nash-Finch (View Most Recent)

Stay Away, Cooperate IT Department is Awful

Current Employee - IT Team in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - IT Team in Edina, MN

I have been working at Nash-Finch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

leaving was a happy day : ) . I resigned as soon as I had another job I wanted.

Cons

Worst Health Insurance I have ever had. Even my doctor's office was shocked and double checked my benefits. Cannot retain good programmers, because management is not focused and does not know how to lead, in the last 16 months they have lost 8 solid IT people. Also the office is dirty, you have to clean your desk every day because there is a filthy layer or dust on it. Good luck getting a good pc or even decent chair. Also CIO is rude, he plays loud music when you are in his office for meetings, and has no idea what is really happening with IT teams. He jumps from one idea to the next and never lets a team finish projects. The whole IT department is frustrating, no cooperation or ownership because management burns people out so they become apathetic. Also they do not guarantee your 401k match. You might get a match at the end of year if they made some money. The management is lazy and they will work you to death if you let them. Lastly even when it is brought to management’s attention that people are not doing their jobs and making the whole team suffer, they do nothing because they are cowards. And they make foolish decisions that are not in best interest of employees. DO NOT WORK HERE UNLESS YOU ARE DESPERATE.

Get a new CIO and Reorg your IT department and get rid of dead weight managers who do nothing. Also create a department where team work together, get rid of the their problem mentality

People are great to work for, but the company lacks clear direction and "buy-in" from associates

Former Employee - Inventory Control Clerk in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Inventory Control Clerk in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Nash-Finch full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The management team at the site level were very gracious in allowing me to flex my hours while attending school for my bachelor's degree.

Cons

Lower pay compared to market average.
    Lack of training
    Not enough information shared with core associates which drive the business.
    Management did not seek placement for me after the company was financially invested in my college tuition.

Create a more open platform for information about the business and the direction it is headed.

There are newer employer reviews for Nash-Finch