There are newer employer reviews for Naspers

Good

Current Employee - Director in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
Current Employee - Director in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Naspers

Pros

Very good people, expanding business, nice workplace.

Cons

Did not handle 2008 crisis well.

Advice to Management

Keep expanding in Brazil

reviews filtered by
  1. Developing software and systems for one of Naspers' strategic startups

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cape Town (South Africa)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cape Town (South Africa)

I have been working at Naspers

Pros

I'm with a new semi-independent business unit, where Naspers is like the venture capital - so it is very different from the established Naspers media businesses. I find management to be fair, accommodating, treats developers as equals, developers have creative input and freedom to propose solutions, developers know and help each other. Yet, being part of a multinational, we have most of the office amenities of a big corporate.

Cons

Most technical hires are mediocre to good - no best-in-the-world legends to mentor you
     - and much of the development is conventional, Microsoft .NET-based. There are some a non-team positions focussed on open-source - but being a one-man team makes the job more difficult - two heads are better than one.

Advice to Management

A start-up that is nonetheless part of a multinational makes an enjoyable place for developers, but does not have the same potential for innovation or success as a real start-up, where the tight funding and small team breeds creative solutions.

2. Fantastic place to work, market leader and innovator.

Current Employee - Product Marketing Specialist: Mobile in Cape Town (South Africa)

I have been working at Naspers

Pros

Great people, awesome atmosphere (24.com), respect for employee's and overall it's just a place you can go to every morning. The benefits are amazing, and the company really does try and satisfy it's employees (24.com). 24.com also take note of everything you suggest, and often include you in the decision making processes. I suppose this depends on your seniority as well, but in general, good advice is never not taken into consideration.

Cons

It's a huge corporation, so things often take time or don't even happen. Processes and procedures are hampering innovation and roll-outs. The cafeteria at 24.com is really gross, and it's over-priced!

Advice to Management

Compartmentalize the company, but don't isolate them.

There are newer employer reviews for Naspers