Nat Sherman
www.natsherman.com New York, NY 50 to 149 Employees

Great place to work, but . . .

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Nat Sherman

ProsIts a great place to work for individuals who love cigars and working with customers. In-store management is both competent and friendly, but corporate leadership and direction is lacking with regards to the retail enterprise.

ConsFor sales associates, there is little opportunity for advancement. But, management is committed to its employees, some of whom have worked there for decades. In addition, a struggling economy and anti-smoking campaigns have taken a bite out of sales - and in turn, commissions.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior corporate management could benefit by listening to employees - many of whom have excellent ideas regarding how to improve operations and sales in the retail enterprise.

Caring family owners. Very good pay and benefits.

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Nat Sherman full-time for more than a year

Pros: The Sherman Family are very caring about their employees, making sure they we… Cons: Absurd level of micromanagement by middle management echelon. Advice to Senior Management: They should pay MORE attention to suggestions/input from field reps,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Nat Sherman is a descent place to although the pay could be a lot better.-—5

Machine Operator (Current Employee)
Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Nat Sherman

Pros: The hours, flexible schedule, weekends off and paid holidays, down to earth management, cool people to… Cons: They cut all of our raises and bonuses, they cut out ALL… Advice to Senior Management: Listen more to employees and stop being so judgmental, give raises because everything is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Nat Sherman.

Worked for Nat Sherman? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nat Sherman reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nat Sherman CEO Joel Sherman. All reviews posted anonymously by Nat Sherman employees.