Natera

There are newer employer reviews for Natera

Very disappointing.

Former Employee - Sample Accessioning in San Carlos, CA
Former Employee - Sample Accessioning in San Carlos, CA

I worked at Natera full-time (less than a year)

Pros

For such a great product, I would think they would be better run. Free lunch. Very laid back, "young" culture. Nice people.

Cons

No real leadership. Understaffed and badly staffed. No one I talked to in my department were there over a year signalling high turnover

Get some help. Get some real managers with real managerial experience. Try for a more professional environment. Laid back is nice, but there's a limit.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Natera (View Most Recent)

Disorganized & poor management

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Natera full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great science, interesting enough work, some really smart & fun coworkers, location close to 101.

Cons

I don't know where to start. Difficult to call it a tech company when all the important decisions are made by sales & marketing teams. At a given time, there are more random project managers in a room than people who actually do the work. I don't understand what qualifies more than half of the management team to be at their positions. Micromanagement of all sorts. Rude and unprofessional behavior common.

Replace half of the upper management, start hiring people who are actually qualified and have technical backgrounds (rather than random MBA's fresh out of school), have a clear direction.

Interesting work with startup environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Natera full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Interesting company that's doing meaningful work. The biggest 'Pro' is the people that work here. Very smart, nice, and accepting. Nice office and central location. There are the standard perks (lunches, snacks, parking, parties, etc) established. The company is still 'small' and so there's a huge opportunity to make your mark.

Cons

Like most startups, it's a young company with young workforce. The result is that leadership is somewhat lacking but this is changing for the better as the company grows. You should be the type that wants to work hard towards a goal that actually matters. There is an *intense* need for more meeting rooms.

Err on the side of keeping things positive whenever possible. You are so close to having the right balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Natera