Very disappointing.

Former Employee - Sample Accessioning in San Carlos, CA
Former Employee - Sample Accessioning in San Carlos, CA

I worked at Natera full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For such a great product, I would think they would be better run. Free lunch. Very laid back, "young" culture. Nice people.

Cons

No real leadership. Understaffed and badly staffed. No one I talked to in my department were there over a year signalling high turnover

Advice to Management

Get some help. Get some real managers with real managerial experience. Try for a more professional environment. Laid back is nice, but there's a limit.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Disorganized & poor management

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Natera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great science, interesting enough work, some really smart & fun coworkers, location close to 101.

Cons

I don't know where to start. Difficult to call it a tech company when all the important decisions are made by sales & marketing teams. At a given time, there are more random project managers in a room than people who actually do the work. I don't understand what qualifies more than half of the management team to be at their positions. Micromanagement of all sorts. Rude and unprofessional behavior common.

Advice to Management

Replace half of the upper management, start hiring people who are actually qualified and have technical backgrounds (rather than random MBA's fresh out of school), have a clear direction.

Great science, talented people, slightly disorganized

I have been working at Natera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dedicated, fun, talented colleagues Visionary management Excellent boss Product which is, literally, life-altering for our customers Catered lunches three days per week, gym, snacks

Cons

Slightly disorganized, but focused -- it's a tough arena to work in, so I completely understand (I've worked in this sector for many years now), and the chaos is often creative! Training opportunities could be better Geography of office makes it hard to get to know people (we're currently split into two distinct areas) Could do with more social mixing events (we used to have Friday BBQs -- I hope that comes back!)

Advice to Management

My immediate manager is great -- very trusting & flexible, thoroughly decent person (his boss, too) Senior management could spend some time getting to know people -- I know it's difficult on our growth trajectory, but it would be nice to see the CEO from time to time (but office geography is a problem, as I noted) Offer opportunities for training & personal growth More social events, please!