Natera

There are newer employer reviews for Natera

Very disappointing.

Former Employee - Sample Accessioning in San Carlos, CA
Former Employee - Sample Accessioning in San Carlos, CA

I worked at Natera full-time (less than an year)

Pros

For such a great product, I would think they would be better run. Free lunch. Very laid back, "young" culture. Nice people.

Cons

No real leadership. Understaffed and badly staffed. No one I talked to in my department were there over a year signalling high turnover

Get some help. Get some real managers with real managerial experience. Try for a more professional environment. Laid back is nice, but there's a limit.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Natera (View Most Recent)

Disorganized & poor management

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Natera full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great science, interesting enough work, some really smart & fun coworkers, location close to 101.

Cons

I don't know where to start. Difficult to call it a tech company when all the important decisions are made by sales & marketing teams. At a given time, there are more random project managers in a room than people who actually do the work. I don't understand what qualifies more than half of the management team to be at their positions. Micromanagement of all sorts. Rude and unprofessional behavior common.

Replace half of the upper management, start hiring people who are actually qualified and have technical backgrounds (rather than random MBA's fresh out of school), have a clear direction.

worst place I've ever worked

I worked at Natera full-time (less than an year)

Pros

free parking. decent snacks ,some smart/nice people

Cons

Executive team is a disaster. The CEO, while brilliant, has a style that can best be described as MBS(management by screaming). The office lacks a professionalism that it desperately needs. Company is solving an interesting problem, but given the chaos that reigns,it's hard to be optimistic about the company

Upper management could benefit from some training . It would be great if the office could resemble a professional environment versus the hallways of a junior high school

There are newer employer reviews for Natera