National American University

www.national.edu
  www.national.edu
There are newer employer reviews for National American University

Just another sales job with quotas to meet.

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Mesquite, TX
Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Mesquite, TX

I have been working at National American University

Pros

The organization is always hiring and compensation is fairly decent.

Cons

Advising job is actually a sales position with "expectations" to be met. Tuition is too high and university is fairly new, difficult at time to sale this institution. Although management makes requests for subordinate suggestions, they aren't actually considered.

Take the advice from subordinates, don't take things as a personal attack or insult on character when suggestions are made.

56 Other Employee Reviews for National American University (View Most Recent)

It came to an unfair and abrupt end..after years of service and loyalty

Former Employee - Admissions in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Admissions in Overland Park, KS

I worked at National American University

Pros

The students were the greatest.. I really believed we were changing lives for the better.
    At one point in my tenure, I actually felt I was part of a big family; staff members were supportive and caring.

Cons

At the end, it was all about lies. Upper management could look you in the face and smile...while thinking quite the opposite. They said it wasn't about numbers, but about the students. Yet, it was only about numbers. Many things were managed by upper management by emotions.

Make sure you know what is going on on each campus. Middle management will cover up alot of unhappiness. People who work for NAU are confused about who to trust. Trust should not be an issue at all in a work environment. You say you "change lives". My question to you is: Who's life is being changed and is it for the better or for the worse?

Ok, but could be better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

I have been working at National American University

Pros

free tuition, you can get an MBA all paid for; advancement opportunities if you work hard; several locations if you wish to relocate; pay is not too bad; opportunity for overtime if you want the extra cash.

Cons

work long hours and management shows little appreciation; not as many positions in each location outside of Rapid City; wish they had better training for employee development;

need to hire at same rate as grow so that you have enought people to get the job done.

There are newer employer reviews for National American University