Professional Growth

I worked at National American University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Wonderful opportunity to grow professionally

Cons

Grow opportunities for professional path growth within organization

Continue to provide opportunity for people to expand themselves professionally.

Other Reviews for National American University

Company politics and power struggles inhibit any real productivity.

I have been working at National American University full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working relationships with individuals throughout organization can be great
    There is a high amount of talent and knowledge in all departments
    Flexible for balancing personal and work life, facilitated well by IT resources

Cons

Very silo'd departments
    No project management throughout entire company
    Length of employment is more valuable than actual skillsets or expertise
    Admissions practices are very questionable, yet is cornerstone of entire enterprise

Take a hard look at who is making process decisions throughout the company, particularly at the department level. NAU tries to act as though it's cutting edge in the Education industry, but in reality operates as though it were still the 90's.

Worst job experience EVER!

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at National American University full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had my own office, is the only good thing about this job.

Cons

This place is horrible to work for! The pay is ridiculously low and, in November, when people were expecting at least a living expenses raise, they froze raises and noone got a raise. They spend more money on flying people from here to there for all kinds of different reasons that are unnecessary.

At the campus that I was at, I personally was very uncomfortable with the culture. I was there for just under six months and never really felt like I was part of the team. One of the employees there that I had to work with the most was very stubborn and hard to approach. This person always had their door closed so it was very hard to get answers to questions when I had them. This person also would randomly scream about how irritated they were and would sometimes throw things around in their office when they were upset about something.

It is very hard to get an answer to a question when you have one because everyone is in SD or they are a regional rep traveling from campus to campus and you may or may not be able to get a hold of them. Very frustrating! And the regional person I had to deal with was very rude and talked down to me when I had questions or needed help.

The competition at this school is beyond ridiculous! I understand that in a school there is going to be goals to reach and numbers to hit, but the level of competition between campuses is way to high. There were TONS of students who were registered for classes either without their permission or before they should have been in the process.

There is at least one person that i know of there that had not had a raise in three years.

Also, if you want to move in to any senior positions in financial aid you would have to move to Rapid City, SD, which might be fine for some, but not for me.

Stop flying people all over the place and pay your employees what they deserve! Have the people who can answer questions more available by having them on campus.

There are newer employer reviews for National American University.

Worked for National American University? Contribute to the Community!