There are newer employer reviews for National American University

The job was frustrating because the quality of education we were selling was poor.

Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Rapid City, SD
Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Rapid City, SD

I have been working at National American University

Pros

Sales training was good. Lots of flexibility in how you go about performing your duties. Excellent opportunity to increase income after six months.

Cons

The education that we were selling to students was not living up to the expectations that they had. The online courses contained spelling errors and other blunders.

Focus more on the quality of education than coming up with fancy sales presentations to prospective students. Recognize that people with integrity will understand that NAU is not necessarily the best fit for every person.

54 Other Employee Reviews for National American University (View Most Recent)

Non-American University: Center for Stagnation

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Rapid City, SD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Rapid City, SD

I have been working at National American University

Pros

The E-Learning industry is very stable, even in recessions, so the likelihood of losing your job due to downsizing is low.

Cons

Incompetent management, and low salaries. I make less than recent college grad in my field and I have over 6 years experience. We used to have a great leader and they fired him because he created such a successful team that everyone wanted to work for him. He was such an inspiring leader, that people were constantly asking to work in his department, which made the other "leaders" look incompetent, which they are.

Learn to listen to your employees and stop crapping on people. One of our supposed core values is "Providing a caring and supportive environment" but the reality is you provide a Toxic and coercive environment.

If I'd known it was a sales position, I never would have accepted it.

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor
    Current Employee - Admissions Advisor

I have been working at National American University full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a progressive, positive and forward-thinking company. Though practices frequently change, it appears to be from a pro-active stance, not a reactive one. Promotions are regularly given to those who achieve. All in all, it's been a really uplifting place to work.

Cons

The constant changes can be overwhelming for someone who isn't paying attention and accountable. And it's all in the numbers. If you're not intensely competitive and always monitoring who is doing what, you're soon asked to leave. From that standpoint, it's not a happy place for people who don't thrive on getting the sale.

Make sure the initial interview conveys that this is a "sales" job where performance is evaluated by the numbers. And then make sure the new advisors get plenty of that sales training.

There are newer employer reviews for National American University