National American University

www.national.edu
  www.national.edu
There are newer employer reviews for National American University

Working within central administration was the best job I've ever had!

Former Employee - Financial Aid Advisor in Rapid City, SD
Former Employee - Financial Aid Advisor in Rapid City, SD

I worked at National American University

Pros

The financial aid team is supportive of both your career and personal development. The benefit package is quite generous as well as other perks such as free immunizations and company lunches. The management team genuinely wants you to succeed. Plenty of opportunity to work overtime.

Cons

The work can be at times mundane. The pay is low and the review process to get a raise is only done annually.

59 Other Employee Reviews for National American University (View Most Recent)

The job was frustrating because the quality of education we were selling was poor.

Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Rapid City, SD
    Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Rapid City, SD

I have been working at National American University

Pros

Sales training was good. Lots of flexibility in how you go about performing your duties. Excellent opportunity to increase income after six months.

Cons

The education that we were selling to students was not living up to the expectations that they had. The online courses contained spelling errors and other blunders.

Focus more on the quality of education than coming up with fancy sales presentations to prospective students. Recognize that people with integrity will understand that NAU is not necessarily the best fit for every person.

Non-American University: Center for Stagnation

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Rapid City, SD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Rapid City, SD

I have been working at National American University

Pros

The E-Learning industry is very stable, even in recessions, so the likelihood of losing your job due to downsizing is low.

Cons

Incompetent management, and low salaries. I make less than recent college grad in my field and I have over 6 years experience. We used to have a great leader and they fired him because he created such a successful team that everyone wanted to work for him. He was such an inspiring leader, that people were constantly asking to work in his department, which made the other "leaders" look incompetent, which they are.

Learn to listen to your employees and stop crapping on people. One of our supposed core values is "Providing a caring and supportive environment" but the reality is you provide a Toxic and coercive environment.

There are newer employer reviews for National American University