Not Bad

Current Employee - QA Intern  in  Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - QA Intern in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at National Association of Insurance Commissioners

Pros

Benefits and people working at NAIC

Cons

Slow and upgrades are also slow

Nothing

Other Reviews for National Association of Insurance Commissioners

Some great departments to work in except for one. Do your research on department turnover before you hire on!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at National Association of Insurance Commissioners

Pros

Decent pay, great benefits, you have what you need to do your job for the most part.

Cons

One department has had a lot of turnover in the last five years. I did my homework on the company but not the department. Each department is pretty much a silo. I ended up in the department that has had a lot of turnover. Because the company is small and people in other departments don't tend to leave it's difficult to move to a good department should you end up in the department that has had a lot of turnover.

Be willing deal with why a department has so much turnover when compared to other departments and the company overall.

Lacking good leadership.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at National Association of Insurance Commissioners

Pros

The work is challenging and there is job security.

Cons

Salaries are below par. Reviews do not match raises - you may get an excellent review and a 3% raise and they tell you you should be happy you got that. A good review should equal a nice raise. Rewards for working hard and being a professional are few and far between. Bad behavior was often rewarded in my department - blow up and people and hey, you get an office! People in senior positions usually didn't belong there. Management feared their boss and this made them completely ineffective.

Respect people. Pretty simple concept.

There are newer employer reviews for National Association of Insurance Commissioners.

Worked for National Association of Insurance Commissioners? Contribute to the Community!