There are newer employer reviews for National CineMedia

Poor overall diversity and little respect for women, no work life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at National CineMedia

Pros

A great place to work if you are extremely mediocre or enjoy living at the office 24/7. Employees get free movie passes.

Cons

Good ol' boy network with little respect from women. Company is not open to promoting women to development positions. Management has moved towards factory mentality where everything must be done immediately leaving no time for thoughtful analysis. Employees are expected to work nights and weekends causing low morale amongst employees and extremely strained family relationships.

Advice to Management

Look up diversity in the dictionary and see if you can somehow apply it. Try to view your employees as part of the solution rather than part of the problem.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A small but fierce company with a very bright future.

Former Employee - Trainer in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Trainer in Englewood, CO

I worked at National CineMedia

Pros

Honestly, the communication and transparency of the senior management is refreshing and unexpected. I never had to question what we were trying to achieve and were it would take us. It can truly be said that NCM fosters a team environment and a progressive workforce.

Cons

The workforce is extremely young. There is a lingering “frat boy” “sorority girl” culture that is a bit amateurish and unprofessional. At the time there existed no sexual harassment training or written code of conduct. Not that there was a high incident rate of unprofessional behavior but there was enough of a “gray area” so that it may be only a matter of time if not directly addressed. Fortunately at the end of my time there plans were being discussed to address it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Seriously. The senior management’s vision, direction and strategy combined with the raw creative drive of the young and energetic workforce are the biggest assets NCM has going for it.

2. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Account Director
    Current Employee - Account Director

I have been working at National CineMedia

Pros

Have freedom to conduct my business. The compensation can be really good. Fun and innovative advertising products to sell. Fun folks to work with

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement. Next level is Regional Vice President, but the position has to open and the likelihood of that happening sooner than later is very low

Advice to Management

Probably an audit from the top down to help rectify some of the issues i perceive within the company, which include low retention rates from regional clients, automated accounting solutions, faster and optimized internal technology solutions