There are newer employer reviews for National City

Good place to start a career.

Current Employee - Corporate Banker in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Corporate Banker in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at National City

Pros

Positives:

The people at NCC are truly best in class. Even though NCC is a big company 30K+, there is a close nit community feel. Additionally, meeting with upper level management is practice that is encouraged.

Negatives:
Considering that NCC Is a close nit environment company, your advancement is highly weighted on who you know and who knows you and your abilities.

Cons

NCC needs to do a better job at integrating their customer data. Extracting accurate data about customers and market segments can be very difficult and frustrating. There are multiple systems that are not linked.

The company was recently taken over my PNC. Therefore, I am not sure how many jobs will be cut as a result.

Don't be affair to make a decision.

90 Other Employee Reviews for National City (View Most Recent)

n/a

Current Employee - Branch Consumer Banking Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Branch Consumer Banking Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at National City

Pros

The corporation has a lot of great products for customers.

Cons

The bank is in the process of being acquired by PNC. I was an employee that was a part of the merger of MidAmerica Bank into National City in Feb. 2008. Now, we are going through another merger and acquisition, where the close of the sale (to PNC) will be complete by Dec. 31, 2008.

Make sure that you do extensive checks on Branch Management. While things are always "peachy" when executive management visits the branch, the moral of the branch is not always what it appears to be.

Used to be a great place to work

Current Employee - Project Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at National City

Pros

The bank had great potential before being sold, with a great retail presence throughout the midwest and a great future. New leadership had been added to the bank recently but never had the chance to add more to the bottom line. Teh people at NCC are wonderful and very talented.

Cons

The bank is being sold, so a lot of uncertainty now. If all goes well with the merger then the new bank will be one of the top 5 banks in the coutry with lots of opportunities. It you join NCC now you'll have to deal with very well with uncertainty.

Make staffing decisions quickly