National City

www.nationalcity.com
  www.nationalcity.com
There are newer employer reviews for National City

National City, a beautiful flower wilting in the sunset....

Current Employee - Branch Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Branch Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at National City

Pros

Great Benefits, even for part time employees including tuition reimbursement up to $10,000 a year for grad school! Very flexible environment as long as you have a good immediate supervisor.

Cons

Antiquated ways of doing everything!! It seems like they decided 1985 was the height of technology and have stuck with it ever since. Opportunities to advance seem to be lacking, of course that could be due to the fact the company has been purchased by PNC. Sometimes it seems like you have to jump up and down to get management to notice you for a promotion even if you've done a good job. It seems like certain managers play favorites.

I will be glad to see these guys replaced by PNC execs.

90 Other Employee Reviews for National City (View Most Recent)

its...ok I guess

Current Employee - Licensed Financial Consultant in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Financial Consultant in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at National City

Pros

If you are looking for a salaried position with some (but not great) commision. In the interview process they will try to start you in the low $30s but it is negotiable. Just show them you are a great sales person. First you will interview with HR, then Regional FA, then branch manager.

Cons

it is a duel role (licensed financial consultant) so you will be half customer service (regarding bank accounts) and half financial advisor. Way too many meetings and way too little options regarding investments. You are lucky if you make $60k a year with commisions. They tell you you can double your salary but when you look around at who is doing that its way to few who are. Its all about the market you are in (the branch you will be working with) thats why I left.

Broaden your investment options and specialize the role instead of having the LFC do everything.

Mislead and bad working environment.

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Senior Specialist in Royal Oak, MI
    Former Employee - Loss Prevention Senior Specialist in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at National City

Pros

The work was simple repetitive tasks. Once you learned what to do, it was 'easy' work.

Cons

Work was extremely repetitive.
    Horrible Management, who relied on e-mails to communicate everything. If they were a desk away, they would e-mail you to say "can you come over to see me". Very impersonal.

Also I was mislead during interview in thinking there were additional opportunities - basically lied to.

Once you are working there, you have no control on what other positions you will be doing. If Management want to move you... you get a day or so notice and you are required to move.

Don't lie to employees.
    Give feedback often, including positive.

There are newer employer reviews for National City