National City
www.nationalcity.com Cleveland, OH 5000+ Employees

Decent place to work if your job is secure.

Underwriter (Current Employee)
Dayton, OH

ProsGood benefits, hours, and atmosphere. Most of your coworkers are good people. The time off, benefits, 401k, etc. were all pretty good. Mostly better than average. We had a good area for breaks, lunch, etc. There were some fun things planned to keep morale up like free cookouts, etc.

ConsUnstable mortgage and lending market, risk of layoff. Although there were a lot of jobs open that you could transfer into, they always seemed to go to someone who was already in that department. It seemed like it was more important who you knew, or how long you'd been there. Not necessarily how good your work perform was.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep employment more stable.

National City, a beautiful flower wilting in the sunset....

Branch Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at National City

Pros: Great Benefits, even for part time employees including tuition reimbursement up to $10,000 a year… Cons: Antiquated ways of doing everything!! It seems like they decided 1985 was the height of technology and have stuck with it ever since. … Advice to Senior Management: I will be glad to see these guys replaced by… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

its...ok I guess

Licensed Financial Consultant (Current Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at National City

Pros: If you are looking for a salaried position with some (but not great) commision. In the interview process they will try to start you in… Cons: it is a duel role (licensed financial consultant) so you will be half customer service (regarding bank accounts) and half financial advisor. Way too many… Advice to Senior Management: Broaden your investment options and specialize the role instead of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on National City.

Worked for National City? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National City reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for National City CEO Peter E. Raskind. All reviews posted anonymously by National City employees.