National City

www.nationalcity.com
There are newer employer reviews for National City

NCC

I have been working at National City

Pros

Decent pay, and good benefits for some job positions. They offer some good products, which makes it easier to sell.

Cons

Not very good communication between upper management and branches. Too much of a focus on selling, and sometimes can overlook customer needs

Keep your employees more informed about decisions that are made, especially throughout mergers. My specific location has gone through 3 mergers in 6 years, and we really just want to know what is going on.

90 Other Employee Reviews for National City (View Most Recent)

Decent place to work if your job is secure.

Current Employee - Underwriter in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Dayton, OH

I have been working at National City

Pros

Good benefits, hours, and atmosphere. Most of your coworkers are good people. The time off, benefits, 401k, etc. were all pretty good. Mostly better than average. We had a good area for breaks, lunch, etc. There were some fun things planned to keep morale up like free cookouts, etc.

Cons

Unstable mortgage and lending market, risk of layoff. Although there were a lot of jobs open that you could transfer into, they always seemed to go to someone who was already in that department. It seemed like it was more important who you knew, or how long you'd been there. Not necessarily how good your work perform was.

Try to keep employment more stable.

National City, a beautiful flower wilting in the sunset....

Current Employee - Branch Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Branch Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at National City

Pros

Great Benefits, even for part time employees including tuition reimbursement up to $10,000 a year for grad school! Very flexible environment as long as you have a good immediate supervisor.

Cons

Antiquated ways of doing everything!! It seems like they decided 1985 was the height of technology and have stuck with it ever since. Opportunities to advance seem to be lacking, of course that could be due to the fact the company has been purchased by PNC. Sometimes it seems like you have to jump up and down to get management to notice you for a promotion even if you've done a good job. It seems like certain managers play favorites.

I will be glad to see these guys replaced by PNC execs.

There are newer employer reviews for National City