National City

www.nationalcity.com
  www.nationalcity.com
There are newer employer reviews for National City

Used to be a fine company

Current Employee - Business Analyst II
Current Employee - Business Analyst II

I have been working at National City

Pros

Especially in I.S., many opportunities for a good salary without having to become a manager; however, there is very much a sense of being constrained by the way things have "always been done."

Cons

The biggest con is obvious to anyone who knows anything about the company -- you are nearly guaranteed to work in a department hit by layoffs in the next 2 years.

It's been nearly 9 months since the acquisition was announced -- stop planning and talking about the need for communication and start actually communicating.

90 Other Employee Reviews for National City (View Most Recent)

NCC

I have been working at National City

Pros

Decent pay, and good benefits for some job positions. They offer some good products, which makes it easier to sell.

Cons

Not very good communication between upper management and branches. Too much of a focus on selling, and sometimes can overlook customer needs

Keep your employees more informed about decisions that are made, especially throughout mergers. My specific location has gone through 3 mergers in 6 years, and we really just want to know what is going on.

Decent place to work if your job is secure.

Current Employee - Underwriter in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Dayton, OH

I have been working at National City

Pros

Good benefits, hours, and atmosphere. Most of your coworkers are good people. The time off, benefits, 401k, etc. were all pretty good. Mostly better than average. We had a good area for breaks, lunch, etc. There were some fun things planned to keep morale up like free cookouts, etc.

Cons

Unstable mortgage and lending market, risk of layoff. Although there were a lot of jobs open that you could transfer into, they always seemed to go to someone who was already in that department. It seemed like it was more important who you knew, or how long you'd been there. Not necessarily how good your work perform was.

Try to keep employment more stable.

There are newer employer reviews for National City