There are newer employer reviews for National City

Let the dust settle before you search for a job within National City or PNC.

Current Employee - Loan Processor
Current Employee - Loan Processor

I have been working at National City

Pros

The money is ok There is plenty of opportunity for advancement If you like to travel, the commercial side of mortgages allows you to do that Because management is so hands off, you do not have people looking over your shoulder. This is good and bad. It's good because if you are a hard worker, you don't need someone breathing down your neck. It's bad when you work with lazy people. The information flow is TERRIBLE. Management does not relay information well.

Cons

Management is terrible - there is no support, you are expected to figure everything out for yourself If you do a good job, they will work you to death The work life balance does not exist You do not get feedback unless you directly ask for it There are people that have worked there foro far too long and they kind of "poison" the office Very corporate Currently merging with PNC - very limited information has been given out regarding the merger

Advice to Management

I undestand that there is not much you can tell us about the PNC merger, but the 8 months of silence is really starting to take a toll. Your employees are scared and angry. Their attitudes toward their jobs is going downhill. These are hardworking people, but they are extremely discouraged right now. Tell us something! ANYTHING about the merger that you can... and even if you don't know anything, tell us what you are discussing with them. Tell us when you think the final decisions are going to be made. We have been left out in the dark for too long now.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Used to be a fine company

Current Employee - Business Analyst II
    Current Employee - Business Analyst II

I have been working at National City

Pros

Especially in I.S., many opportunities for a good salary without having to become a manager; however, there is very much a sense of being constrained by the way things have "always been done."

Cons

The biggest con is obvious to anyone who knows anything about the company -- you are nearly guaranteed to work in a department hit by layoffs in the next 2 years.

Advice to Management

It's been nearly 9 months since the acquisition was announced -- stop planning and talking about the need for communication and start actually communicating.

2. NCC

I have been working at National City

Pros

Decent pay, and good benefits for some job positions. They offer some good products, which makes it easier to sell.

Cons

Not very good communication between upper management and branches. Too much of a focus on selling, and sometimes can overlook customer needs

Advice to Management

Keep your employees more informed about decisions that are made, especially throughout mergers. My specific location has gone through 3 mergers in 6 years, and we really just want to know what is going on.