There are newer employer reviews for National City

Good position to learn and to grow

Current Employee - Personal Banker  in  Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at National City

Pros

Good position to learn and to grow in the Banking industry. Low stress and pays decent for the hrs worked.

Cons

Not much room for advancement past the Branch Manager position due to a lot of bankers and not many managers leaving.

National City needs to take better care of thier employees in forms of professional development. Many skilled employees leave because there isnt much room for growth.

90 Other Employee Reviews for National City (View Most Recent)

National City

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at National City

Pros

Large corp with lots of job postings with preference always given to internal candidates. Benefits are above average for corporations.

Cons

Politics get in the way of sound management. Management deadlines result in poor performance, employees held accountable, management is not.

Take time to plan. "Doing" without planning results in "re-doing". Spend less time blaming someone, spend more time preventing issues.

Used to be a good place to work...

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at National City

Pros

There are still good people left after PNC took over.
    You get the impression they are trying to do a good job.
    Surrounded by a LOT of very smart people.

Cons

People are dropping like flies, every day more and more positions are being eliminated (I'm out of here in a few months myself).
    It seems that for some positions they are hiring way over-qualified people because the market is so full of unemployed people.

Change your job postings on the PNC side so it is clear when job location can be flexible.
    Revamp your job descriptions to be a true representation of the job responsibilities, at times they are not accurate.
    Communicate, communicate, communicate. I know you are trying but there are a lot of confused employees and customers about the transition to PNC.

There are newer employer reviews for National City

Worked for National City? Contribute to the Community!