National College of Business & Technology

www.ncbt.edu
  www.ncbt.edu
There are newer employer reviews for National College of Business & Technology

Glad to see this place in the rear view mirror

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Wayne, IN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at National College of Business & Technology part-time

Pros

The people I worked with were mostly pleasant and decent people. The building was new, and the hours were good. There are stores near the campus.

Cons

People are fired on a whim with absolutely no warning. Staff and faculty that are not fired usually quit after a few months because they figure it's only a matter of time until they get the boot. There is very little direction given on the important things, but fill out a form improperly, and you'll be in trouble. The pay is low for a career college which adds to the constant turnover. Communication between management, staff, and faculty is practically non-existent.

Realize that the constant turnover of staff is bad for your students, and thus, your reputation. Your employees and students are your best advertisement and I can guarantee you, the are not giving you great press.

29 Other Employee Reviews for National College of Business & Technology (View Most Recent)

Focus on attracting new students rather than keeping the current ones

Former Employee - Staff  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Staff in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at National College of Business & Technology

Pros

Nice staff, friendly (for the most part) coworkers, the students that are trying to better themselves are generally good people. The network of other campuses can work together even though the departments are "competing" against each other for rankings.

Cons

Even though I was an educator and not an Admission Rep, I was told I needed sell, sell, sell to keep the lights on. Potential new students take priority over current students even if they do not end up choosing National College. Also getting my department's ranking to go up was a priority even though I could never figure out how much each category weighed in since they were clearly not equal. Some students treat you like a) you make way too much money to associate with which you don't; or b) you should just do all their work for them, like it is too much work for them to remember their personal information and since they've asked you for it once, you should have it memorized.

If you are requiring master's degrees for positions, pay them like it and your high turnover might go down. I made more as an intern in graduate school than I did in a professional position here. Focus more on education for different departments and not on sales or rankings with bigger campuses.

Not too promising.

Current Employee - Admissions Representative  in  Lynchburg, VA
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at National College of Business & Technology

Pros

It is pretty laid back and not too micro-managed. The hours are good.

Cons

Management will just fire people without warning, it is a business, not a school. There is not much praise to be given except for some certificates that barely ever happen at all. The vice president will visit the campuses but never says a word to anyone. They say that we make the company so much money but we get paid poorly.

To put the employee first at all times, make sure that you are looking out for who is doing all of your work.

There are newer employer reviews for National College of Business & Technology

Worked for National College of Business & Technology? Contribute to the Community!