National Conference of State Legislatures
www.ncsl.org Denver, CO 150 to 499 Employees

For public policy career, think states first.

Program Director (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsInterested in State policy? NCSL is an amazing place to make a genuine difference in policy at state and national level. WOrking with state legislatures around the country and colleagues at NCSL is an amazing privelege. Meet tomorrow's leaders--and todays.

ConsEntry level pay scales are lower than comparable but the career opportunities more than compensate. As a senior staffer, that means more turnover in junior staff than I'd prefer. Organiztionally somewhat flat so it is hard to advance. Howver, if one is entreprenurial and willing to find funding for one's own projects that is encouraged and then anything is possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for better ways to improve the career ladder and retain young talent/

waste of time

Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at National Conference of State Legislatures

Pros: if you need to fill out a resume Cons: low pay, lack of community, interns treated poorly Advice to Senior Management: - No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Internship

Intern (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

I worked at National Conference of State Legislatures as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Learn a lot, People are nice, Good Location Cons: DC is expensive, you may be unpaid Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on National Conference of State Legislatures.

Worked for National Conference of State Legislatures? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Conference of State Legislatures reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for National Conference of State Legislatures CEO William Pound. All reviews posted anonymously by National Conference of State Legislatures employees.