National Financial Partners
www.nfp.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Growing brokerage with much opportunity, but also many demands

New York, NY

ProsThere is a good opportunity for growth here. Additional perks include stocked kitchen, casual Fridays, company sponsored happy hours and events. Ability to work from home as almost everything can be done online is a huge plus. Fair bonus strategy is being put in place to motivate staff and generate revenue for the company.

ConsWhile the term work/life balance is thrown around, I don't feel that it is truly valued here. Employees often express being burnt out from work load. The current management has only been together a year under NFPCS NY and I don't feel that they communicate well to the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to work on communication skills, and staffing to create a work life balance. Don't let your employees burn out.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Work here if you have no other option

I have been working at National Financial Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Well, at least you get paid for showing up. Cons: Unfortunately, the company has not developed an identity. it is all about delivering short-term results. For all the talk about a customer centric… Advice to Senior Management: Seek some professional advice. As the company grows and moves forward, it needs to develop and so do you. You… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Lack of good managers and career opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

I worked at National Financial Partners full-time

Pros: Good work-life balance, but strict clock-watchers Pay for FINRA licenses, but only if you… Cons: Lousy pay, and little opportunity for promotion until someone retires or quits Very little communication and collaboration… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the dead weight managers and VP's Support and develop… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on National Financial Partners.

Worked for National Financial Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Financial Partners reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for National Financial Partners CEO Jessica M. Bibliowicz. All reviews posted anonymously by National Financial Partners employees.