National Futures Association

www.nfa.futures.org
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for National Futures Association

A great place to learn and grow.

Former Employee - Staff Audit Intern in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Staff Audit Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at National Futures Association

Pros

Extensive Travel
Great atmosphere
Young and enthusiastic workforce
Fun outings
Engaging work

Cons

A bit of downtime
Boring first few weeks of classroom training
High worker turnover

It was a great internship, can't think of anything negative!

23 Other Employee Reviews for National Futures Association (View Most Recent)

It was time to move on...

Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at National Futures Association

Pros

Great work life balance
    Friendly, youthful atmosphere

Cons

No feedback unless you beg for it

Don't just promote people because they worked on a prominent matter. People do their job day in and day out, and well too, but not everyone is "lucky enough" to get noticed.

Highly recommend working here!

Former Employee - Staff Auditor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Staff Auditor in Chicago, IL

I worked at National Futures Association

Pros

NFA has a lot of great things going for it and is probably the best company I've ever worked for. In fact, I regret leaving...

I enjoyed the travel, the people I worked with were great and smart, and the commodities and futures industry knowledge you gain from performing audits and firm reviews is invaluable.

Leadership is also great. How many people can say they've had a beer with one of their senior levels executives and talked liked they were old college buddies...in their first month of employment? I use that example to illustrate just how accessible everyone and down to earth EVERYONE is--executives, directors, management, field supervisors, staff.

The initial pay is arguably a touch low BUT the benefits of work-life balance, per diem while traveling, the exceptional benefits package, the career growth, and the job security more than make up for a salary that is maybe $2k below market wages. Trust me, you will get promoted quickly and your salary will reflect it. I'd say, you can expect a $10k - $15k increase in your salary--putting you in the $65k range--in three years.

In summary: great company, great leadership, nice co-workers, outstanding benefits, good pay.

Cons

The one thing that I disliked the most about NFA was the cliquish culture. NFA tends to recruit from a group of feeder schools and many people tend to run in the same college circles.

The second challenge was the auditor-pool arrangement. Instead of traveling with the same people audit after audit and learning a persons strengths and weaknesses as well as a field supervisor's/manager's expectations I worked with a new set of people almost every audit. As a new-hire, it was like starting over again each time I went out on an audit. I didn't feel like I was able to perform my best in that arrangement.

You are doing a great job, keep up the good work! You listen to suggestions, adjust when it makes business sense, and everyday we know that you care about us.

There are newer employer reviews for National Futures Association