Not the place to work if you have a family

Former Employee - Mst
Former Employee - Mst

I worked at National HME full-time for more than a year

Pros

Helping people in their time of need.

Cons

garbage equipment
long hours
being on call
poor management
you are just a number, not a person
expensive benefits

Learn to treat people fair. You say you are a Christian company, but you tell lies, promise false dreams.

Other Reviews for National HME

Heard positive, received negative

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at National HME full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Helping patients, and families with end of life care

Cons

When comparing other DME companies pay and benefits, we are at the bottom. When we point this out, management will go as far as to make baseless accusations about those other companies (saying they are committing fraud, etc).

We are told promotions are at our finger tips based on our performance, yet senior staff have been left to stagnate in their same positions and pay for years while being highly praised by patients and other employees. Yet family friends or relatives are hired into positions created needlessly at higher pay, or else are promoted within weeks, regardless of experience.

When anyone brings up their concerns, the responses received from management are either complete dismissal or else a thinly veiled threat of termination. We are told that if we don't appreciate our position, we should just "go out and try to find other work." We are all so over-worked that none of us really care about the job anymore -- especially when all we receive are empty promises. We've learned just to do what they need as fast as they need it done in order to avoid being berated when management comes around. We used to care about patients and try to help them; but now we are in and out because our times are watched very close to protect the
    company's bottom line.

We are losing great employees at a fast rate, we need better leadership.

If you are concerned about your bottom line, start by shaving off the top. Don't consolidate positions arbitrarily and then expect middle management to absorb the responsibilities with minimal pay increase. Promote based on performance, not based on favoritism. Don't expect from your baseline employees more respect than you give them. Don't assume that their loyalty is deserved by you, when you do nothing to earn it.

Career advancement at it best

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at National HME

Pros

Caring and passionate business caring for hospice patient through providing quality medical equipment.

Cons

Long hours and emotional situations

Keep up the great work.

There are newer employer reviews for National HME.

Worked for National HME? Contribute to the Community!