There are newer employer reviews for National HME

An inbetween company while you find solid employment

Current Employee - Driver
Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at National HME full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The business contacts you make with other companies.

Cons

-Benefits are expensive, and useless to many at their pay scale. -under qualified management in useless positions, other managers should be tested in basic math, and reading -Extremely low pay, and chance for raises is not there. You are locked in at what you started at. -theft, and poor working conditions. You have to not only watch out for your items you need to work here, you also have to buy them back if they are broken or stolen even if the item is broken while on the job.

Advice to Management

New management, better equipment, less threats of termination for speaking up.

Other Employee Reviews for National HME

If you are still contemplating working for this company read this.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at National HME full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like everyone else has said, you are helping those in need.

Cons

Well lets see. I started out in sales. Things were great. We had a good product and good support. Then I started to see changes. Our company stopped investing in our operations. Do more with less was the message. I had complaints shoot up like you wouldn't believe. I was encouraged to still sell even though we were neglecting the patients. I would run into obstacles, contact my manager to come out and help, only to be told I'd be on a lower tier commission because I involved my manager (typically because they inserted themselves into it). Isn't the job of your manager to help you close a sale? Then the owners’ son would make a reason to contact a prospective client and reduce my commission more so he could get a piece. I’d ask why as I had dug out the business and they would claim that because I needed “help” they were entitled to a piece of the commission. Then back in February/March things changed for the worse. I was told I would be an assistant operations manager and not sell as we couldn’t afford to expand. I didn’t have a choice, my existing commissions disappeared, my pipeline didn’t matter. I was told I was lucky to have a job and pull a salary with a bonus structure that was unobtainable. Upper management changed. We lost some senior people but ironically we didn’t lose any of the owners sons college buddies or friends. I was micro managed in every facet of the business. To a point that it was ridiculous. I felt I couldn’t breathe without asking them first. There definitely is uncertainty and doubt about the future of this company right now. The way management felt about the drivers (life blood of the company) was deplorable. They would talk down about them in meetings and the pretend to listen and be their best friend when they visited the branch. I’ve never met people that were so two faced. I can’t imagne what they said about me behind my back. I have left the company recently and am 10000% happier. This is not a company that you want to work for. I did my research for my next move and there is always a couple of unhappy people. But with this many here, that should definitely be a sign.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to line your pockets and invest in your people.

Horrible environment.

I worked at National HME full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You'll be happy for a week, then you'll see their true colors

Cons

The culture is a load of crap. From first glance you'd think this company started in Mayberry.. then you realize its all just a front.

Advice to Management

Narcissistic Personality Disorder. The founders should wiki it.