There are newer employer reviews for National HME

IS THERE REALLY A HEART FOR HOPICE????

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff
Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff

I have been working at National HME full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ummmmm, ummmmm, hummmm. They pay halfway decent.

Cons

Cant speak for all locations, but location I work for in TX is ran by a very young, non experienced manager who just appears to take care of things on the surface And plays politics very well.Working for this company is Like playing hot potato with hospice patients lives, I wonder if these hospice providers whome they have contracts with knows what really goes on. Well, maby they should know, but then again they prbly could do nothing untill their contracts are up anyway. Allso, the company is quietly doing bad financially, bare have enough to cover payroll and cimpanys old beat up IPhones. and or Allways passing the blame from one person to the next, too lazy to resolve the real issue(s). Trucks are extreemly poorly maintained amd.im surprised someone or somones family has not been killed by one of them by now.

Take suggestions, and try and realize that just once in a while, You may not allways be right. If that were the case, would you truly be where you are today, Or Somewhere Better......

32 Other Employee Reviews for National HME (View Most Recent)

When the going gets tough...

I have been working at National HME

Pros

A few great employees, with their hearts in the right place.

Cons

Extremely long work hours, no recognition, don't give you the training or tools to be successful, when things get tough don't bother to coach or mentor just blame.

You need to provide the tools to help the employees succeed. The moto seems to be "When the going gets tough, throw your subordinate under the bus, back up and run them over again and again."

Making friends in a not so friendly atmosphere

Former Employee - Driver in North Richland Hills, TX
    Former Employee - Driver in North Richland Hills, TX

I worked at National HME full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The conatcts you make, and the strength you find with the crew that knows what's going on

Cons

What can I say that hasn't already been said? We do not follow DOT regulations and I was always concerned with saftey issues. Equipment is in bad shape and our managers have told us its not our concern. They are so busy trying to create bonuses for themselves or make false claims to get friends promoted the real hard workers leave. If you are injured on the job you are told you can be terminated because lite duty does not exist, however if you know the manager you can get injured off the job and get lite duty. Its all about retalitaion against good employees and smoke and mirrors with corporate. We lost some management, and hourly employees while I was there that were qualified and able to do this job but due to poor management, and a hostile work environment they took their talents elsewhere.

New middle management I bet you stop seeing such a high turn over rate. Also actual math and reading tests for those who are, and want to be managers. It will really help with knowing who can function at that level. Call some of your recent ex employees that worked there over a year and decided to find new work and ask why they left. It will probably help resolvle some in house issues.

There are newer employer reviews for National HME