National Health Educators

There are newer employer reviews for National Health Educators

Exercise Course Instructor

Current Employee - NHE ECI Or NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Upper Darby, PA
Current Employee - NHE ECI Or NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Upper Darby, PA

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exercise course instructors have similar responsibilities has personal trainers. The flexibility in work schedule are essentially similar as well. They let you sit down with one of their regional managers and they ask you what hours you want and on which days. I prefer this to when I did personal training because the students, who are people wanting to come into the industry, are far more attentive when I teach about physiology or exercise fundamentals. My clients care less about the details because they just want to get in shape and many of them don’t really care how it works.

Cons

A major con is when students are late. Unlike personal training, where you may have more control over late penalties or what not, as an NHE employee you have to go out of your way to accommodate those who may be adversely affected by someone else showing up late. It can have a domino effect if you let people take the schedule for granted.

Management should implement some sort of late penalty or fee.

20 Other Employee Reviews for National Health Educators (View Most Recent)

NHE Sales Manager for Atlantic Division

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is good and the work environment is good. The best thing about selling NHD is their products. They don't really have any competition which is very different from most other sales jobs I've held. Selling is much easier when you are not all fighting for the same leads.

Cons

Some gyms have never heard of NHE or its products so the sales pitch could sometimes be longer because I need to teach them and send them materials. Once they finally get to reading everything, they typically buy.

More advertisements on TV or in magazines or direct mail.

This company is filled with visionaries.

Former Employee - ECI-Exercise Course Instructor- WCA in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - ECI-Exercise Course Instructor- WCA in Kansas City, MO

I worked at National Health Educators part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The don't hire hacks. Everyone is extremely bright and focused.

Cons

The only con that comes to mind is the fact that NHE doesn't have more WFH positions. The technology today shouldn't require any employee to have to drive, unnecessarily, to affiliate locations all over town just to talk to members.

Lighten up on the evaluation process and allow greater freedom utilizing wireless Internet and mobile devices.

There are newer employer reviews for National Health Educators