National Health Educators

www.nhecertification.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for National Health Educators

Working at NHE has been a good experience.

Current Contractor - Content Writer in Streamwood, IL
Current Contractor - Content Writer in Streamwood, IL

I have been working at National Health Educators as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I first learned about job opportunities at NHE through my college's work board. One of the benefits is their compensation negotiation polices for all employees working for a minimum of one year. My other job I had to wait three years before I could renegotiate my pay.

Cons

Senior management opportunities seem far and few between. Most opportunities are unilateral and not much of an advancement.

Advice to Management

Make the master trainer exam easier to pass. I know of qualified professionals who could not pass it the first time.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Mentor Position at NHE Certification

Current Employee - Mentor for NHE Certification in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Mentor for NHE Certification in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a work from home job so you have total control over your own schedule which allows me to take care of my kids and still have a good job.

Cons

The fact that it is a work from home job means you don't get to leave the house to go to work which means I miss out on working with people and the friendships and relationships that you get when you work with co-workers.

Advice to Management

I don't really have any advice.

Exercise Course Instructor

Current Employee - NHE ECI Or NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Upper Darby, PA
    Current Employee - NHE ECI Or NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Upper Darby, PA

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exercise course instructors have similar responsibilities has personal trainers. The flexibility in work schedule are essentially similar as well. They let you sit down with one of their regional managers and they ask you what hours you want and on which days. I prefer this to when I did personal training because the students, who are people wanting to come into the industry, are far more attentive when I teach about physiology or exercise fundamentals. My clients care less about the details because they just want to get in shape and many of them don’t really care how it works.

Cons

A major con is when students are late. Unlike personal training, where you may have more control over late penalties or what not, as an NHE employee you have to go out of your way to accommodate those who may be adversely affected by someone else showing up late. It can have a domino effect if you let people take the schedule for granted.

Advice to Management

Management should implement some sort of late penalty or fee.