National Health Educators PFMS

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist  in  Westbury, NY
Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Westbury, NY

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time for less than a year

Pros

Pros for my type of work is the fact that I can design a realist schedule that works well with school. The other great thing is that I don't have to work at smelly gym.

Cons

I loved being able to work alongside other professionals at my previous wellness job. Due to the economy, my boss had to let a bunch of us go but I really miss working with people. I think you become a better professional when you can share ideas in a group setting. My job now doesn't offer that because it's a WFH.

Set up more conference calls with all PFMS personnel. Make them voluntary and offer them often enough to allow as many as possible to join. Also, podcast them.

Other Reviews for National Health Educators

PFMS- Personal Fitness Management Specialist

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm a certified professional trainer so my job still allows me to train many of my veteran clients with the same flexibility. NHE has flexible scheduling for part time. A very easy job for trainers.

Cons

The pay basically breaks down to about 37 bucks an hour. That is a significant compensation drop from what I earn as a personal trainer and the work is essentially the same.

Pay us more money please.

Review for Personal Fitness Management Specialist

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time for less than a year

Pros

This by far is the best job I have had since graduating. It's a WFH with flexible hours-no weekends and no late nights. Working for one of the best companies in the fitness industry is also a plus.

Cons

They make you take a test before you can work for them. Horribly hard. You can have a masters degree in exercise physiology and you still have to test with them.

If someone has a masters degree, that should be good enough to work anywhere. The classes and courses I took in school prepared me well and that should factor into their decision making.

There are newer employer reviews for National Health Educators.

Worked for National Health Educators? Contribute to the Community!