National Heritage Academies

www.heritageacademies.com

Good for experience, not a life-long career employer.

Intructional Staff (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsNHA likes to stay current on new studies and trends in the field of education, and with a K-8 setting, you really get to know the students personally.

ConsIt is a corporation. You are not given a contract- you are an at-will employee, which is stressful. You are often serving low income and urban students who can be difficult and challenging, while often not receiving any support by administration or parents. Also - your 'prep' time is when meetings are scheduled with admin, and you have to eat lunch and supervise your students eating theirs in your classroom. No potty breaks, no time to get to the lounge for anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeacher turnover is important. The longer they stay with the company, the more expertise they have and can be the competent educators that corporate wants. However, with low pay and the overwhelming paperwork, and often unsupportive administration, makes this an extremely negative environment to work in. Even if higher pay cannot be accomplished, a lunch to ourselves would be nice. We often feel more like babysitters than professionals.

Nice place to work

Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) Wyoming, MI

I have been working at National Heritage Academies

Pros: Great people to work with. There is a high parental… Cons: Substitute teaching can cause strain on kids who do not like change… Advice to Senior Management: I would suggest a gifted program. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

NHA Leadership and Culture

Teacher (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

I have been working at National Heritage Academies

Pros: Charter school provides some freedom and flexibility in curriculum and teaching methods Fellow teachers… Cons: Lack of leadership experience Uncompetitive salary McGregor Theory X style leadership Blame Culture Advice to Senior Management: Institute an innovative culture that includes a systems theory approach to solving strategic problems. Institute a collaborative… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on National Heritage Academies.

Worked for National Heritage Academies? Contribute to the Community!