National Heritage Academies
www.heritageacademies.com Grand Rapids, MI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good for experience, not a life-long career employer.

Intructional Staff (Current Employee)
Detroit, MI

ProsNHA likes to stay current on new studies and trends in the field of education, and with a K-8 setting, you really get to know the students personally.

ConsIt is a corporation. You are not given a contract- you are an at-will employee, which is stressful. You are often serving low income and urban students who can be difficult and challenging, while often not receiving any support by administration or parents. Also - your 'prep' time is when meetings are scheduled with admin, and you have to eat lunch and supervise your students eating theirs in your classroom. No potty breaks, no time to get to the lounge for anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeacher turnover is important. The longer they stay with the company, the more expertise they have and can be the competent educators that corporate wants. However, with low pay and the overwhelming paperwork, and often unsupportive administration, makes this an extremely negative environment to work in. Even if higher pay cannot be accomplished, a lunch to ourselves would be nice. We often feel more like babysitters than professionals.

Good company overall

Toledo, OH

I have been working at National Heritage Academies

Pros: They promote professional development, and even pay for it. They have tuition reimbursement,… Cons: A lot of work with constant change. In the current Dean models, you can be evaluated… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the Dean model for discipline, but get rid of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Nice place to work

Substitute Teacher (Current Employee)
    Wyoming, MI

I have been working at National Heritage Academies

Pros: Great people to work with. There is a high parental… Cons: Substitute teaching can cause strain on kids who do not like change… Advice to Senior Management: I would suggest a gifted program. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on National Heritage Academies.

Worked for National Heritage Academies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Heritage Academies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for National Heritage Academies CEO Jeff Clark. All reviews posted anonymously by National Heritage Academies employees.