National Information Solutions Cooperative

www.nisc.coop
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for National Information Solutions Cooperative

Good small company with exciting products

Current Employee - Senior Software Specialist in Lake Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Senior Software Specialist in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at National Information Solutions Cooperative full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small company, technology solutions centered, IT is not an overhead cost it is a driver, easy to talk to people, nice equipment and facilities, good work life balance, casual dress code, working with newer technoglies

Cons

Chances for growth are limited, small company so smaller pay. Some projects have around the clock support so you might get wrangled into that. Dealing with internal support can take up a lot of time.

Advice to Management

I think they are addressing this with their newer review and coaching system but for most of my time there I met with my actual boss once a year to talk about my performance.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Used to have a great culture, but it's gotten lost in new quest for $$$

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I worked at National Information Solutions Cooperative full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing people to work with, not only the co-workers, but the Members (aka: customers).

Cons

There is so much potential to be an employer of choice, but in recent moves that are more profit driven they have forgotten the importance not only of the employees, but the Members which they serve.

Advice to Management

Move Corporate Services to a different entity (sell them or break them off somehow). Concentrate on continuing to develop the best software product for the Cooperative Electric/Telecom Industry and refocus on the needs of the Members. Too much energy and focus on profit (for a cooperative business) from iGEAR and UBP has tainted the organizations culture and caused you to lose sight of your own Shared Values.

Good place to start.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at National Information Solutions Cooperative full-time

Pros

Good work environment, overall the people are great to work with. Own fitness facility, and fairly laid back environment.

Cons

Low Pay, no opportunity for career advancement. Decent first job, but not for a career, especially those seeking a challenge. Recognition varies greatly both on the departmental and team level.