National Instruments

www.ni.com

Uplifting environment

Current Employee - Test Engineer  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Test Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

Smart co-workers and technologically advanced products make a great combination for engineers to engage and learn. The company supports personal initiatives and encourages people's many interests, both work- and hobby-related.

Cons

Pay is OK. Many times one can find oneself working on products that are slight variations of existing products, which means that it's a bit of a repeat work.

Consider better compensation for employees and aim for a more steady rate of growth, such that a good standard paygrade can be maintained.

Other reviews for National Instruments

I would describe my experience as very positive.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

You would want to work for this company because of the friendliness of the people, great work life balance, and opportunities for movement within the company.

Cons

As an intern working outside of engineering, the pay is not as high as it could be. The overall experience would be better if you felt you were properly compensated.

I felt that the overall management was fine. As an intern you do not have the visibility that you would as a full time employee so it is hard to give a detailed and well informed answer.

Awesome place to be an intern

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern I  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern I in Austin, TX

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits (for an intern, I hear pay's a little low for full time employees).

Mature and well executed intern program with lots of intern events and such.

Work that the company really cares about and wants to see done.

It's easy to forget that you're an intern. You feel like a full time employee.

Great city, although it gets very hot in the summer.

On site cafeterias, fitness center, and medical clinic. They pulled a giant splinter out of my friend's foot and put him on antibiotics at no charge.

Never asked to work overtime.

Cons

Sometimes I felt that my project was more experimental than an intern project should be. The parameters changed very often and I spent a lot of time discarding code and writing new code to keep up.

Keep up the great work. You have a winning internship program.

There are newer employer reviews for National Instruments.

Worked for National Instruments? Contribute to the Community!