There are newer employer reviews for National Instruments

I would describe my experience as very positive.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

You would want to work for this company because of the friendliness of the people, great work life balance, and opportunities for movement within the company.

Cons

As an intern working outside of engineering, the pay is not as high as it could be. The overall experience would be better if you felt you were properly compensated.

Advice to Management

I felt that the overall management was fine. As an intern you do not have the visibility that you would as a full time employee so it is hard to give a detailed and well informed answer.

Other Employee Reviews for National Instruments

1. A great learning experience for a person in college or for one beginning a career.

Former Employee - Intern in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Austin, TX

Pros

They have a very friendly environment that allows someone to ask questions and learn from others. While some people don't have a great understanding, the management was aware of people's technical skills and gave them projects that they were capable of.

Cons

The pay is not as great as other companies. And for someone who would want to continue education, they only had three options to get your Masters which is very difficult to do (as in hard to do the school and work at the same time) from what I've heard.

Advice to Management

The leadership at National Instruments is very smart. While some people say that only the bad stay and get promoted, I only experience good leadership around me that were able to meet my needs for the company.

2. I find working here very satisfied and challenging

Current Employee - Process Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Process Specialist in Austin, TX

Pros

Good benefits. The company does care about its employees.

Cons

Not enough communication between departments