National Instruments

www.ni.com
  www.ni.com
There are newer employer reviews for National Instruments

Great people, company mission may appeal only to select few.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at National Instruments

Pros

A lot of smart and good, nice people. The company has a policy of working with people's strengths instead of forcing them into a mold or comparing to those considered "best." In my experience, the policy is actually implemented by management, and I tremendously value being appreciated for what I have to offer.

Cons

Well, does "measurements" give you goosebumps? If not, the company's mission may not be so exciting to you.

The strengths approach to employees is an enlightened approach to management -- and a winner for all. Keep emphasizing it.

657 Other Employee Reviews for National Instruments (View Most Recent)

A great place to work where you'll feel challenged and respected

Current Employee - Staff Test Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Test Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at National Instruments

Pros

Great environment and company culture. Many opportunities to learn and grow technically.
    National Instruments is a technology pioneer and industry leader in virtual instrumentation, delivering today’s most advanced technologies for test, control, and design. Your work allows engineers and scientists in hundreds of industries to use flexible, high-performance products to create reliable, user-defined systems. With graphical programming software and modular, open hardware, NI has redefined how engineers work.
    NI has been named to Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 9 consecutive years, a testament to the laid-back but 'get it done' culture.

Cons

A bit of growing pains when it comes to documentation and processes.

Standardize and enforce documentation and processes.

Looking for an IT career, don't work here.

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst I in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst I in Austin, TX

I worked at National Instruments

Pros

The benefits are the best I've seen anywhere. The work/life balance is great as well.

Cons

The IT department is the red headed step child of the company. The salaries are lower, advancement is limited, and investment into the department is low. Engineers are treated great, but the IT department is treated drastically different. Most of the people work there are good people, but there was too much backstabbing and pointing fingers. If you're a positive person and would like to stay positive its extremely hard in IT. If you are IT this is not the place to work.

Treat the IT department with more value. All parts of a machine are important.

There are newer employer reviews for National Instruments