National Instruments

www.ni.com

Great company to start a career. Leave after 3-4 years.

Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGood company to start a career with, especially if you only have a bachelor's degree in engineering (more about graduate degrees below). Good people. Laid-back atmosphere. Open communication. Volleyball. Deck parties.

ConsAbsolutely ridiculous salaries. Non-respectful of graduate degrees (company gave 1.5K raise over other bachelor's candidates for a 2-year full-time master's degree !!!!). No great bonuses or salary raises in following years either.

My advice: Ok to be there when you are young (22-26). Enjoy the time, make some friends, play volleyball and drink beer at work (yes, it is allowed). Leave when you start having a family/buying a house to get some real value for your education and qualifications as a few beers during the deck parties don't pay for your mortgage/wedding check at that point of the life.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook around and increase the salaries !!

Best place I've ever worked.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at National Instruments

Pros: Benefits, work product, people, balance of work and personal life. Cons: Company is still young, growing pains expected Advice to Senior Management: Keep the good communication going. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Awesome Place to Work!

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at National Instruments

Pros: Great advancement opportunities if you are in the right department. Stuck out the recession.… Cons: No different than other companies, but management can favor more tenured, less… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you are doing. You have a great base, but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on National Instruments.

Worked for National Instruments? Contribute to the Community!