National Instruments

www.ni.com
There are newer employer reviews for National Instruments

great work environment

I have been working at National Instruments

Pros

The Austin, TX HQ is a great work environment - lots of opportunity for engineers right out of school.

Cons

lower pay than other companies

649 Other Employee Reviews for National Instruments (View Most Recent)

An extremely pleasant experience in a thriving, yet comfortable, environment; a place I truly enjoy coming to work daily

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at National Instruments

Pros

The people at National Instruments are all so incredible -- this company does a great job of hiring kind, yet motivated individuals, making anyone's experience at NI a great one. The culture is like none I have ever seen -- family oriented, but efficient. They place a high value on work/life balance, which is becoming harder and harder to find in today's society. Also, this company is very flat and transparent, meaning that you are exposed to upper management daily, and nothing is kept a secret from you. I will never forget when I, as an intern, approached CEO, James Truchard, who we call "Dr. T," just to say hello. Upon doing so, he put down his work and had a conversation with me... I will forever respect him for that. He sits in a cube, just like the rest of us, and eats in the cafeteria every single day, just like "one of the gang." I love this fact about him and the company he created.

Cons

The only con I would say about working for NI would be that because the atmosphere is so laid back and comfortable, sometimes expectations are unclear and that can make some roles somewhat inefficient. You have to learn to ask for deadlines at this company.

Make sure you give your employees regular feedback, as well as deadlines. That way, they will know what is expected of them and by when, and also where they stand with you, which is very important to employees, especially new-hires or individuals who have not been with the company long.

Best place I've ever worked.

I have been working at National Instruments

Pros

Benefits, work product, people, balance of work and personal life.

Cons

Company is still young, growing pains expected

Keep the good communication going.

There are newer employer reviews for National Instruments