National Instruments

www.ni.com

One of the Best Companies

Staff Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsA youthful company with large growth and opportunities in a city that is good to start a career in. The vision of the company is unique and the upper management understands the need to invest in people (especially R&D). They have never had a layoff in all 31 years of the companies history.

ConsThe pay is lower than most other tech companies. I estimate about 5-15%. That comes from NI taking advantage of the great location and low cost of living. Also it is easy to become jaded after a few years because you forget how bad other companies can be.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like every 3 years to cut the bottom 2% performers. I think we get a little dead-weight because of how attractive the company is.

Good company

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at National Instruments full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good Culture for young engineers, a lot of very bright… Cons: Becoming very pollitical and difficult to move up from inside… Advice to Senior Management: Promotions should be based on past success and performance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to launch a career, not a great place to stay if competitive compensation is what you're after

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at National Instruments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Friendly environment, good work life balance, great industry experience with lots of responsibility given very early… Cons: Compensation is not competitive to other players in the same industry or to other… Advice to Senior Management: More competitive compensation would keep employees around longer, reducing turnover… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on National Instruments.

Worked for National Instruments? Contribute to the Community!