There are newer employer reviews for National Instruments

Great company doing exciting work

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at National Instruments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I get to work on a project I'm excited about and actually enjoy working on. The products NI makes get used for tons of awesome engineering applications. I feel like I'm contributing to something that is making the world a better place.

The culture is relaxed, open and friendly. I like the people I work with and I feel like leadership generally makes good decisions. NI is very good about communicating with it's employees regardless of whether the news is good or bad. This gives me a lot of confidence in the company. Even when times are bad (2009 era for example) I feel like they try harder than most companies to be a stable employer and make decisions that balance the needs of the employees with the needs of the business.

Cons

I feel like I could probably be making a better salary elsewhere. To me personally, I feel like the benefit of enjoying coming to work probably outweighs the difference in salary though.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great leadership and environment, excellent atmosphere, but difficult to move within the company.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at National Instruments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The leadership at NI is very strong and maintains good communication with employees. There are lots of fun and exciting things to work on. The workplace environment is top notch and work-life balance is good.

Cons

Salaries are not the most competitive. It is sometimes difficult to move to different departments within National Instruments. Leadership sometimes seems to be overly cautious with company direction.

Create better opportunities to move within the company and more advertising of positions internally.

2. Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at National Instruments full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Many opportunities for career development.
    People work well with each other

Cons

Pay is lower then compared to the industry average

There are newer employer reviews for National Instruments