National Instruments
www.ni.com Austin, TX 5000+ Employees

Great company doing exciting work

Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsI get to work on a project I'm excited about and actually enjoy working on. The products NI makes get used for tons of awesome engineering applications. I feel like I'm contributing to something that is making the world a better place.

The culture is relaxed, open and friendly. I like the people I work with and I feel like leadership generally makes good decisions. NI is very good about communicating with it's employees regardless of whether the news is good or bad. This gives me a lot of confidence in the company. Even when times are bad (2009 era for example) I feel like they try harder than most companies to be a stable employer and make decisions that balance the needs of the employees with the needs of the business.

ConsI feel like I could probably be making a better salary elsewhere. To me personally, I feel like the benefit of enjoying coming to work probably outweighs the difference in salary though.

Great leadership and environment, excellent atmosphere, but difficult to move within the company.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at National Instruments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The leadership at NI is very strong and maintains good communication with employees. There are lots of… Cons: Salaries are not the most competitive. It is sometimes difficult to move to different… Advice to Senior Management: Create better opportunities to move within the company and more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company to work for!

Applications Engineer (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

I have been working at National Instruments full-time for more than a year

Pros: Many opportunities for career development. People work well with each other Cons: Pay is lower then compared to the industry average More
There are newer reviews on National Instruments.

Worked for National Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Instruments reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for National Instruments CEO James J. Truchard. All reviews posted anonymously by National Instruments employees.