There are newer employer reviews for National Instruments

Great place to work with phenomenal culture and benefits

Current Employee - Product Marketing Engineer  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Product Marketing Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at National Instruments full-time

Pros

The culture is amazing and the people there are outstanding. NI provides great benefits and cares about career growth opportunities.

Cons

The pay is not quite as high as what you could get in other engineering opportunities. Also, some responsibilities can be viewed as menial when considering the different job descriptions.

As great of a culture as NI has to offer, I've found that it is not nearly as innovative of an environment as I was led to believe when I joined. There are definitely opportunities for innovation, but very few of them are meaningful to the overall business.

613 Other Employee Reviews for National Instruments (View Most Recent)

Great place to start a career

Former Employee - Staff Software Engineer  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at National Instruments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people; transformative software; Flexible work schedules & independence; Long term company vision and culture; supportive of career development and academic pursuits; Good work-life balance

Cons

Average compensation but RPEs are lower in T&M than other industries generally; Difficult to explain the company & industry to others, i.e., low relatability;

My first software internship, learned a lot. Everyone on the team was willing to help; the work environment was great!

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern I  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern I in Austin, TX

I worked at National Instruments as an intern for less than a year

Pros

National Instruments has great teams and people, excellent learning and career opportunities, and a relaxed but challenging work environment. No one babysits you and wants you to contribute right away to a project.

Cons

I didn't have a project for the first few weeks; consequently, I was sitting around for a while. I wish my project had been decided on before I started my internship.

Make sure you know the projects that you are going to give interns beforehand. They are only there for a short amount of time and want to be productive.

There are newer employer reviews for National Instruments

Worked for National Instruments? Contribute to the Community!